Who doesn’t LOVE a BURGER? The thing about burgers is that they are RARELY amazing. How to become Master of Patty Meat? Let me share with you the secret….
It’s all in the BEEF!
This video and recipe has the inside scoop on how to make a truly AMAZING Burger- at home!
With Football Season in full effect- Sunday Night, or Monday Night or Thursday Night- are perfect nights for trying this recipe! I PROMISE you will NEVER go back!
Best Burger at Home Recipe
The magic mix is 40% Chuck, 40% Short Rib and 20% Brisket. WTF? Yes, you are right! This is not super easy- hahaha. But let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference. First you need to find out how many burgers you plan to make. This recipe is for 1 nice size burger, not a jumbo burger, so if you are a meat lover, you may want two (I am NOT afraid of food and I could only handle 1). For each burger you need 1/3 pound. There is some math to do, AND most butchers have to grind the meat to order, so they usually say that there is a 25% loss. So you go to the meat guy, ask him for this mix, he looks at you with a WTF look on his face and you tell him that you want 1.2 pounds of Chuck, 1.2 pounds of Short Rib and .6 pounds of Brisket. Put it all into the grinder and grind it out together. This should leave you with about 36oz (the total is 2.25 pounds, but we lost .25 in the grinder) of meat enough to make 6, 6 oz burgers. WOW that blew my mind!
Also while you are there, pick up some nice potato buns, lettuce, tomato, white onion, cheddar cheese and aioli!
Aioli? Again, kinda difficult. So aioli is an Italian word for “garlic mayonnaise”. I found some already made at Whole Foods, alternatively, you can press some fresh garlic into some mayo and Voila- homemade aioli! Now I’m imagining you might want to skip this part- DON’T. Using a special sauce like garlic-mayo is what will make yours the Best Burger EVER! For you spicy lovers, add some Sriracha to the garlic/mayo- super yum!
Recipe for 6 burgers
1.2 Pounds Chuck
1.2 Pounds Short Rib
.6 pounds Brisket
cheddar cheese (6 thick slices)
6 Potato Buns
12 Pieces cooked bacon
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, sliced
6 leaves of bib lettuce
1 small jar aioli
butter for bun
1. Form your patties, DO NOT over work the meat, it gets goopy. About 1/2 inch thick.
2. Butter both sides of the bun, sprinkle with salt, place on baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle one side with Kosher salt and pepper, flip press an indent in the center of each patty, this prevents the patty from “puffing up”, salt and pepper again
4. Heat pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, (cast iron skillet works best if you have one) when hot, add patties
5. Cook on high heat for 3 minutes, flip. The meat should have a nice char. DO NOT touch the burgers other than when you flip. Any movement prevents the char from happening.
6. Top with cheese, cover with a baking pan so that cheese melts, cook for 3 more minutes
7. At this time, turn on broiler, broil buns, butter side up for the 3 minutes- watch that they don’t burn.
8. Put aioli on bottom and top buns, add meat, then tomato, onion and lettuce, top with bun- DIVE in!
Once you’ve had a chance to watch, we wanna hear from you, how do you make burgers? What would you put on your Best Burger at Home?
Remember your relationship needs that fire that only YOU can light!
For a great drink to go with your burger check out our Bacon Bourbon Cocktail By Joel “The Kentucky Peppa”
If you want to learn more about the sensual food (sometimes even food porn) and the sexy drinks we make, be sure to follow us! Ready to get cooking? Book one of our NYC sensual couples cooking classes, just check our schedule here.